Following the upcoming Language 2021 Census data release, Statistics Canada will be hosting a webinar presenting key results from the data on Wednesday, August 24th, 2022. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A with Statistics Canada officials. The webinar is being held in both English and French. See below for the full invitation and registration links from Statistics Canada:
What is the 2021 Census of Population Webinar Series?
We will be presenting a 2021 Census of Population Webinar Series, which is based on our most recent census, held on May 11, 2021. The webinars will be presented after the major data releases scheduled between February 9 and November 30, 2022 and will share information on census concepts, data products, and resources available from the 2021 Census.
Please note: Advanced registration is required.
2021 Census Webinar Series: Language
On August 17, 2022, Statistics Canada will be releasing the fourth set of results from the 2021 Census of Population. This release presents a portrait of linguistic diversity in Canada, from the knowledge of official languages to languages spoken at home. The census webinar will provide you with an overview of key results, including:
- Concepts and definitions related to various aspects of language diversity;
- Results, how to access data products and resources online and more.
Following the presentation, Statistics Canada officials will be available to answer questions.
Intended Target Audience:
This is an introductory webinar; it may be too basic for advanced data users.
Language, Dates, Times, and Registration Links
- English: August 24, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time - Self-Register: English Webinar on August 24, 2022
- French: August 24, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Eastern Time - Self-Register: French Webinar on August 24, 2022
Once on the registration page, the language that is displayed can be modified using the option at the bottom of the web page. Joining a webinar is really simple, using Zoom. All you need is a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. You can also join by telephone only. We recommend that you join the session at least 5 minutes before the scheduled starting time.
Recommendation: Prior to the session, download the Zoom application on your computer for a better user experience. If you connect with an iPad, iPhone or Android device, you will be required to download the Zoom application from the Apple/Google Play Store.
Statistics Canada strives to accommodate and make our services accessible to all people. If you have any accessibility requirements, please let us know when you register for a session.
These sessions are offered by the Data Service Centre. Some of the services we offer include:
- assisting data users with simple and complex data requests;
- offering standard and customized workshops for data users of different levels of expertise;
- engaging in outreach activities through webinars, newsletters and presentations.