On Wednesday, December 7th, Statistics Canada will be hosting a webinar titled 2021 Census Webinar Series: Education, Labour, Language of work, Commuting, and Instruction in the minority official language. This webinar will provide information on the final 2021 Census release coming November 30th, as well as findings from the data. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A with Statistics Canada officials. The webinar is being held in both English and French. See below for the full invitation and registration links from Statistics Canada:
What is the 2021 Census of Population Webinar Series?
We will be presenting a 2021 Census of Population Webinar Series, which is based on our most recent census, held on May 11, 2021. The webinars will be presented after the major data releases scheduled between February 9 and November 30, 2022 and will share information on census concepts, data products, and resources available from the 2021 Census.
Please note: Advanced registration is required.
See below for more information:
2021 Census Webinar Series: Education, Labour, Language of work, Commuting, and Instruction in the minority official language
On November 30, Statistics Canada will be releasing the seventh and last set of results from the 2021 Census of Population.
This release will focus on:
- Education in Canada
- The changing dynamics of the Canadian labour force and how people get to work
- Instruction in the minority official language
The census webinar will provide you with key information including:
- Concepts and definitions;
- High-level national, provincial, and territorial findings; and
- Instructions on how to access data products and resources online
Following the presentation, Statistics Canada officials will be available to answer questions.
Intended Target Audience:
This is an introductory webinar; it may be too basic for advanced data users.
Language, Dates, Times, and Registration Links
- English: December 7, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time - Click here to register.
- French: December 7, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Eastern Time - Click here to register.
Once on the registration page, the language that is displayed can be modified using the option at the bottom of the web page.
Joining a webinar is really simple, using Zoom. All you need is a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. You can also join by telephone only. We recommend that you join the session at least 5 minutes before the scheduled starting time.
Recommendation: Prior to the session, download the Zoom application on your computer for a better user experience. If you connect with an iPad, iPhone or Android device, you will be required to download the Zoom application from the Apple/Google Play Store.
Statistics Canada strives to accommodate and make our services accessible to all people. If you have any accessibility requirements, please let us know when you register for a session.
These sessions are offered by the Data Service Centre. Some of the services we offer include:
- assisting data users with simple and complex data requests;
- offering standard and customized workshops for data users of different levels of expertise;
- engaging in outreach activities through webinars, newsletters and presentations.
If you have any questions about these sessions or the Data Service Centre, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you online!