This webinar is designed to help CDP members understand the effects of pandemic-related relief benefits on income and other well-being indicators. The webinar will cover:
- Overview of pandemic relief benefits
- How pandemic relief benefits fit into the Canadian income hierarchy
- What we know about the impacts: household income, low income, poverty, inequality, and core-housing need
- The real issue in estimating the effects of the pandemic relief benefits
- Accounting for the effects of the pandemic relief benefits
- Accounting through simulation
- Difference-in-difference estimates
- Estimates based on statistics matching
This webinar is being presented as part of the Community Data Program's Annual Meeting and is open to all CDP members.
Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 1:30 to 3:00 PM EDT
About the presenter:
Xuelin Zhang, Statistics Canada
Xuelin Zhang is a senior research analyst with Statistics Canada. He has a PhD in economics and is specialized in income-related issues, including income distribution, high-income, low-income and poverty measurement. He has been involved in census income dissemination since 2011. He has also participated in international cooperations as an expert on income statistics.