If you are in Winnipeg, MB, on June 12-13, 2017... join the 2017 CIC Community Indicators Symposium.
The focus is on Engaging Values / Effective Methods: Rooting Indicators in Community Aspirations.
The symposium is organized as follow:
- Stream #1: Community indicator basics
- This stream will offer workshops that will use case studies and research to cover the basics of indicator project planning and implementation, e.g., data sourcing, data analysis, visualization, reporting.
- Stream #2: Community engagement
- These sessions will present promising innovations based on practice or research that initiated and sustains collaborations with and among the public, policy makers, and other stakeholders.
- Stream #3: Knowledge translation
- These sessions will highlight the work of individuals or organizations to move knowledge from the field, research or academia into the hands of those who can put it to practical use; case studies, best practices, and methods that focus on specific areas of indicator development and implementation, collection of useful data, methods to insure data accuracy and consistency, assessing the progress of communities, using sound evidence to make measurable and sustainable improvements in the well-being of a community, models for moving from data to action, initiatives that use indicators to reduce inequities or improve resilience in local or regional communities.
- Stream #4: Tools
- Practical methods or technologies to measuring, connecting or having an impact.
CIC Reception: Better is Absolutely Possible (Open to the Public - Register with the symposium or independently)
Please join CIC on Monday June 12 from 6-8:30pm at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown for an engaging evening of appetizers and wine, in a setting that supports interaction and networking. Design Thinker and Systems Changer, Brock Hart of Overlap Associates, will be their reception speaker. Brock will share the ground-breaking process behind how his team is helping organizations around the world use their data to create revolutionary products and services that make things better for people, their organizations and ultimately, the world around them. You will leave inspired!